Friday, June 6, 2008

Rasputin Was An Evil Genius and Other Uninteresting Thoughts

Crap.

Has it really been since February since I've updated this thing? Time surely does fly and I stink at keeping up with it. I feel like I just started work and here we are, mere weeks away from the end of the school year.

So, I'm sitting here on a fine Friday evening, listening to the dulcet sounds of Grant Wilson, pianist, artist, author, and paranormal investigator extraordinaire. I quite like the piano music on his My Space site. I'm not normally one for this kind of music, but this is pretty. And it's soothing. And he's awful cute. *Gets all shallow*

Check out his music, though, if you have a chance and like that sort of stuff. It's real purty.

So, we've decided to bring the kids to Disney this year. They're old enough to remember it now, and it's an experience I want them to cherish. I'm looking forward to it as well, although I think I'm just looking forward to any vacation at this point. I'm just hoping we're able to squeeze in some beach time while in Florida...in between seeing relatives and licking The Mouse's head, there better be some beach activity or I'll probably cry.

And no. I'm trying very hard NOT to think about how hot it's going to be in Florida in July, okay? So quit bringing it up.

I'm more worried about the fact that it'll cost more money for us to drive there then it will to actually spend a week in the Disney complex. Seriously, $4.29 a gallon? I think I'm going to puke. The last time we drove to Florida in '01, I remember complaining that gas in Boca Raton was $1.59.

$1.59.

I'd chew off my left breast for $1.59 gas.

Music has changed, now. I just put on Weezers latest. The Red Album. To go along with the Green and Blue ones, of course. Love this one much. It's another road that Rivers is taking us on....kind of a sentimental journey of sorts, completely different from Make Believe but just as illicit. Standouts so far: "Dreamin'" and "Pig". And Rivers is sporting a really cool vintage 1890's cowboy type look, complete with OK Corral moustache. I'm digging it. But I always dig Rivers. He's distinctive. And his music gives me joy.

There's not been much else going on, besides the fact that I'm obviously still away from the computer much more than I used to be, and I do miss it. I just haven't had the oomph to sit and play at night, but I do have friends that I need to catch up with. Hi, friends!

So, I'll bring to a close this completely tedious and dreary entry with hopes that I'll have something more interesting to write about next time.

I'm such an apathetic ass!

1 comment:

L said...

Yaaay! You've blogged again! :)

First of all, no, you are so not an apathetic ass, real life just happens to get in the way that's all...That's......life *rolling my eyes*

Glad to hear you're going to be vacationing, yes, the price of gas is absolutely obscene & disgusting, the oil companies & the Arabs should be shot (figuratively if not literally!)

Music is an amazing thing isn't it? Since coming home from Australia, I've been having a major love thing with the music of kd lang's music,her music has been really speaking to me, the effect of which can only be described as profound! And I don't mean just her c & w stuff....There is loads of other stuff she's done which is A-mazing...I've managed to see her twice in the same week a month ago (already-geez!) I even totally skipped out on seeing CH over her, which is really saying something isn't it? But I'll always love CH no matter what :)

Hope to catch up w/ you at some point, there's much to tell you dear friend :)