Tuesday, September 23, 2008

V-Juice and Other Stuff

I'm loving HBO's new series "True Blood". Totally awesome. Loving hottie vampire, Anna Paquin is fantastic, great story so far... so that can only mean one thing.

They'll cancel it. That seems to be the pattern.

"What's that? Annie in upstate New York likes this show? Cancel it! Immediately! There shall be no more Vampiric joy in her life!"

Dramatic? Yes. Realistic? No. Probability? Better than good.

So anyway, I'll enjoy it while it lasts and restrain myself from looking at the ratings reports. Why torture myself? I'd rather have hottie vampire do it anyway. Speaking of which...let me take a moment to look up the good looking fanged one...

Stephen Moyer. Great choice for the part. He has the tortured/dead/lovesick/dark/handsome/mysterious/sexy vampire thing down cold. Click on his name if you wish to check out his IMDB site and drool for yourself.

Still hitting the gym regularly. Down 24 lbs. so far and still going strong, plus I'm becoming one lean, mean, toned beast! Still can't believe how well it's going and how motivated I still am. That's unusual for me, to say the least.

Work is going great too, besides a few glitches that I actually took myself out of the middle of today. Being caught between your boss and the principal of the school is a bit sticky, but I was able to gracefully excuse myself today so they could hash things out on their own. I've had my say over the situation, now they can make the big executive decisions. *snort*

Hubby's 33rd birthday was this past Saturday. I wish I was 33 again. Not that I'm old, but I'm older than him and that sticks in my craw these days. And to think, 15 years ago it was fun being a cradle robber. Hee. Anyway, we bought him X-Box 360 and Rock Band for his present. He loved it and we've all been obsessed with Rock Band ever since. Our band is on a world tour now, last spotted in Stockholm if I remember correctly and we were kicking ass. Long live Undercooked Pork!

It's been nice having the kids back in school. At least they're no longer scratching each others eyes out during the day anymore. They go their separate ways and by 3:30 are ready to come home and be friends again. It's a good thing. Mostly for me because by Labor Day I was ready to feed them both to the dog.

So, the mornings are getting crisp and cold, the leaves are once again beginning to change colors, and fall is here. Love this time of year. Time to bust out the boots and sweaters, pull up the blanket, tuck away the air conditioners, and leave summer behind for another year. It was a good one, but I'm glad to see it end.

I was getting tired of shaving my legs so much.

No comments: