Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunkist Fueled Rambling

Listen. Shhh. Can you hear that? The silence.

It's quiet in my house. A rarity. The kids are watching a movie so I figured I'd take the few minutes I have to update. Now that I'm sitting here typing, I can't think of what I want to say. Typical.

The holidays were wonderful, as usual. Great food, good company, peaceful, happy, content, relaxing, lovely, lazy days. Santa treated the kids very well this year, and why shouldn't he have? They are amazing children, polite, well behaved.....exactly what we're raising them to be. They deserved every gift the fat man brought them. I got some nice stuff too, from the hubby. The Southern Vampire Series of books (aka The Sookie Stackhouse Novels) and I blew through them, thanks to my insane love of the True Blood series. Great books, good little mysteries, and vampires. Who can ask for anything more? I also got my laptop for Christmas this year, which I'm THRILLED with. My old PC had just about bit it. It was eating bookmarks and doing all kinds of funny things, so it was time to get something new. I love my laptop. I'm writing this very blog from the comfort of my own living room, rather than stuck down in my cold, little office. Can't beat it with a stick.

Going back to work after Christmas was hard, but I'm glad I'm back. It makes the time go quickly and I am SO ready for summer. I know that may sound ridiculous, but I've had enough cold and snow. Enough! I need some vacation time and beach and barbeque. I should just move south and get it over with. Now...to just convince the hubby. HA. Never happen.

I'm working on finding musical instruction teachers for my kids. My son wants to take guitar and my daughter wants to do piano. I think it's great they have such an interest in music now. They have good taste too, thanks to me, of course. My son's new mp3 player has been filled up with Weezer, Def Leppard, Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, etc. He's got good taste. Can't get him into Crowded House or Neil Finn though, but that's okay. He's into the heavier stuff. He'll someday realize the awesomeness that is Neil Finn and he will submit. Oh yes, he will.

So, that's that. Just a quick update. 2009 has been pretty good so far, and it's only getting better. *snort* That makes me think of a guy that I used to work for at Miron Lumber. A few times a year, the whole company would get together for these big meetings and he would say, "When people ask you how you're doing, say 'I'm super....and gettin' better!'" Yuck. I hate optimists. They annoy me. He also used to call me That Girl, like the show. I guess her name was Anne Marie too. He'd say "Hey, it's THAT Girl!" with a big, smarmy smile on his face.

I should have thrown a bucket of herpes at him when I had the chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you have had to get a little closer than wanted to throw that bucket of herpes at him? Funny phrase.

I have your blog on my links, and I wandered by on the day that you actually updated. Very cool read.

Good luck finding music teachers for your kids. They are out there, sure, but it has to be a good fit with all parties involved.

L said...

Hey lady! Glad to see that you've updated your blog, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. It's funny, but I've been bad about blogging myself, I've gotten more & more into Twitter which is really cool! Anyhoo, I've updated my blog w/ 2 new posts, just in case you're interested or have a free minute or two. :)