Thursday, August 2, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

This hasn't happened since the playground in 5th grade! I'm so excited!

So, without further ado, my top 12 movies in no particular order.

1. Field Of Dreams--Kevin Costner, Ray Liotta, Baseball, and Burt Lancaster. Who can ask for anything more?

2. Raiders Of the Lost Ark--"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

3. Yankee Doodle Dandy--What better piece of Americana is there? James Cagney was born to play the Yankee Doodle Boy.

4. A Fish Called Wanda--Simply one of the funniest movies ever. It's hard to steal the show when you're competing with John Cleese, Michael Palin and Jamie Lee Curtis, but somehow, Kevin Kline manages to do it. "DISAPPOINTED!"

5. The Godfather Part 1--I mean come on. Classic. What's better than Italians, food, guns, dead fish, and James Caan? Not much.

6. Goodfellas--"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster." Me too Henry. Me too.

7. Young Frankenstein--Mel Brooks best. Hands down.

8. Yellow Beard--If you ever want 'pee in your pants' funny, watch this one. Graham Chapman and Madeline Kahn. 'Nuff said.

9. The Shawshank Redemption--One of those that you have to watch every time it's on. I had read the Stephen King novella "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" YEARS ago, so to see it made into a movie, and such a good one at that, was a real treat.

10. American Psycho--Christian Bale is chilling (and hot) as the demented (or is he?) Patrick Bateman. I won't say it lived up to the book, but damn, this was a sick one. One of my faves.

11. Gone With the Wind--The ultimate love story set against a backdrop of horrible violence. Scarlet and Rhett try to figure each other out while the Civil War rages, and Scarlet TRULY finds out what she's made of. Gorgeous, historical, and classic all in one.

12. It's A Wonderful Life--Watch it every year, cry every year. Perfection.

Now that I finished, I thought of about 100 more that I could list, but I'll keep it to these 12 and reserve my right to change my mind.

That was fun!

No comments: